This text is an excerpt from the full text of the public tender, which is published only in Slovenian. Legally binding is only original Slovenian text.
The public tender JR6–PM–2017 covers the following two fields:
a) translations into foreign languages (P)
The goal and purpose of the public tender in this field is the preparation of translations of Slovenian works into foreign languages. The eligible texts include adult fiction, children's and young adult fiction, essays or criticism in the fields of culture and humanities that are to be published in book form or performed by a theatre company. The persons eligible to apply are natural persons – translators into a foreign language; or legal persons who intend to ensure the publication or performance of the translated work of a Slovenian author abroad.
b) mobility of Slovenian publishers (M)
The public tender in this field is open only to Slovenian publishers, therefore are informations on this subject available only in Slovenian.
The estimated value of the public tender JR6–PM–2017 is:
a) translations into foreign languages (P): 80.000,00 EUR
Eligible costs include costs for the original work of the translator. The Slovenian Book Agency will wire the costs of the original work directly to the translator.
The Slovenian Book Agency will offer a support of up to 100 percent of all eligible costs for a project applied and up to 10,000.00 EUR for a project applied.
The general conditions of participation
The applicants shall meet the following general conditions:
- they shall observe all contractual obligations and shall have no further liabilities to JAK at the time of the application;
- they shall permit the publication of personal data for the purpose of publishing the results of the public tender on the JAK website, in agreement with Public Information Access Act (Uradni list RS, št. 51/06-UPB2) and Personal Data Protection Act (Uradni list RS, št. 94/07-UPB1);
- they shall be the only applicant submitting the application for this project in the public tender JR6–PM–2017;
- they shall apply to the public tender JR6–PM–2017 only once with this project;
- they shall take into account the definition of the field referred to in point 4 and that they shall take into the account goals of the field referred to in point 3 of the public tender JR6–PM–2017;
- they shall have no limitation of operations on the basis of the Integrity and Prevention of Corruption Act (Uradni list RS, št. 69/11-UPB);
- the application shall be turned in by an eligible person, it shall be turned in by the due date and in agreement with the instructions specified in article 10 of this tender;
- they shall agree to cooperate in supplying credible information and substantive and financial documentation, and shall undertake to cooperate in carrying out substantive and financial control;
- they shall commit themselves to repay a part or all of the funds at the request of JAK if JAK determines any inappropriate use of funds or overpayment of the share of eligible costs specified in the ruling and the contract in the control procedures.
The special conditions of participation for the field of translations into foreign languages (P)
The applicants for the field of translations into other foreign languages shall meet also the following special conditions:
- they shall be natural persons – foreign language translators; or legal persons who intend to ensure the publication or performance of the translated work of the Slovenian author abroad;
- they shall enclose a letter of intent or a contract between the translator and a legal person with a registered office abroad who will publish or perform the work being applied for into other foreign languages, with the expected date of publication or performance no later than 31 August 2019;
- they shall enclose a written statement or any other document proving that the right holder agrees with the translation and the use of the translation as stated in the public tender;
- the translated work which is being applied for shall not be published in book form before 31 December 2016 and shall the first translation be of the full work being applied for into the language stated in the application;
- the translation shall be published or performed by the deadline stated in the letter of intent or in the contract with the publisher or theatre company and no later than 31 August 2019;
- they have not received any other funds for the costs subject to the co-funding and which they claim as eligible costs with the Slovenian Book Agency;
- they shall request funds in the amount of up to 100 percent of the eligible costs and up to 10,000.00 EUR of the eligible costs for the project being applied for;
- they shall apply for a cultural project that is financially balanced, which means that the revenues shall be equal to the expenditures of the project being applied for (revenues = expenditures).
Only one (1) translation per translator will be chosen for the support in the course of the public tender JR6–PM–2017 in the field of translations into foreign languages (P).
The criteria for the evaluation of the applications for translations into foreign languages P)
The references of the translator, the scope of his or her translation work or the proven quality of his or her translations
Direct translation 5 points, indirect translation 0 points
The references of the literary work and its author/authors
The references of the publisher/theatre company and the estimated impact of the translation
The use of the criteria
a) translations into foreign languages (P)
The projects chosen for financial support will be those that will be given higher scores in the procedure of evaluation. The highest possible score for a project is 100 points. Projects eligible for financial support must achieve at least 75 points.
The deadline for the public tender and the process of application
The application consists of the filled-in application form and must include all mandatory enclosures and data as defined in the public tender documentation.
The applicants must hand in their complete application by the set deadline by registered post; or in person every working day between 10 and 12 a.m. at the address: Slovenian Book Agency, Metelkova 2b, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.
The application must be handed in in a sealed envelope that bears the inscription »DO NOT OPEN – JR6–PM–2017–P« on its front. The back of the envelope must contain the legal name and address (headquarters) of the applicant.
The application is complete if it is handed in in its physical and electronic form. The electronic version should be sent to the e-address firstname.lastname@example.org in a text document (e.g. MS Word, Open Office). The subject of the e-mail should include the name of the applicant and the name of the public tender.
The public tender applications begin on June 30 2017 and end on August 18, 2017.
When the applicant hands in the application, he or she agrees with all the conditions and criteria of the public tender JR6–PM–2017.
The applicants must hand in the complete documentation of the public tender JR6–PM–2017, which includes the following mandatory enclosures:
a) translations into foreign languages (P)
- Fulfilled application form OBR-P.
- Proof that the tariff has been paid, if the applicant is a legal person. Natural persons are excused from paying the tariff.
- A letter of intent or the contract between the translator and a legal person with headquarters abroad who will publish or perform the work that is being applied for, along with the expected date of realization no later than August 31, 2019.
- A written statement or any other document, which proofs that the right holder agrees with translation and the use of translation as stated in the public tender.
- A list of important translator’s previous translated works from Slovenian into other foreign languages.
- A list of published/performed works by Slovenian authors that were published or performed by the legal person with headquarters abroad who will publish or perform the work being applied for. If the legal person with headquarters abroad has not yet published or performed any works by Slovenian authors, this should also be stated.
- If the applicant is a legal person, the translator’s Authorization with original handwritten signature is obligatory.
- For translators who are not citizens of the Republic of Slovenia and do not have a tax number in the Republic of Slovenia:
- a photocopy of their passport or ID,
- an authorisation with original handwritten signature so that the Slovenian Book Agency can arrange a tax number in the Republic of Slovenia for this person.
Summary from THE TARIFF for the services conducted by the Slovenian Book Agency
This tariff establishes the system for determining the service charge and the return of expenditure, which is paid by the legal person (henceforth: user) when applying to a tender or a public call.
Natural persons are excused from paying the tariff.
The user pays the amount 25.00 € to the benefit of the:
Slovenian Book Agency,
open at the:
Public Payments Administration of the Republic of Slovenia,
SWIFT = BSLJSI2X.
The tariff is paid by the user. It is paid in Euros. The user ensures that the Slovenian Book Agency receives the entire appropriate amount. The Slovenian Book Agency uses a non-cash payment procedure. All payment-related bank costs are paid by the user.
For all additional information, contact:
Katja Stergar, e-mail: katja.stergar[at]jakrs.si; telephone: (+386) 01 369 58 27.