Name: Slovenian Book Agency
Head office: Metelkova 2b, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Telephone: +386 1 369 58 20
Fax: +386 1 369 58 30
Responsible person: Katja Stergar, Acting Director
Registration number: 3367622000
Tax identification number: 68569203
Subaccount with UJP (Public Payments Administration): SI56 0110 0600 0027 474
VAT-registered person: NO
Catalogue of public information
1. Basic information
Name of the body: Slovenian Book Agency
Responsible person: Katja Stergar, Acting Director
Date of publication: 1 February 2009
Last modified: 30 April 2015
The catalogue is accessible in electronic form at: Catalogue
Other forms of the catalogue: a hard copy of the catalogue can be accessed at the main office of the Slovenian Book Agency, Metelkova 2b, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.
2. General information on the body and the public information at its disposal
Brief description of the field of work: About us
The purpose of the Slovenian Book Agency is to carry out professional, development and executive tasks related to the implementation of strategic documents and directives in the field of books. The Agency additionally carries out other tasks to promote development in the field of books consistent with the purpose defined in the Act Establishing the Public Agency of the Republic of Slovenia for Book.
In accordance with this Act the field of books includes the provision of conditions for: the publication of books and magazines in the fields of literature and the humanities, authors in the fields of literature and the humanities, translations of works by Slovenian authors, international cooperation in the field of books, literary festivals and events, the development of the bookshop network, the development of reading culture, the promotion of books, authors and reading, the coordination of all the links in the book chain, additional professional training in the field of books, the public lending right, and computerization in the field of books.
List of internal organisational units: the body comprises no internal organisational units.
Katja Stergar, Acting Director
Metelkova 2b, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
T: (01) 369 58 27
National regulations: Legislation, National register of regulations
EU regulations: European register of regulations
Proposed regulations:the Slovenian Book Agency is not a proposer of regulations.
List of the types of administrative, judicial or legislative procedures conducted by the body:
The Agency carries out the following tasks:
- makes decisions on the selection of programmes and projects in the field of books and ensures the financing thereof,
- promotes the publication of quality books and magazines in the fields of literature and the humanities,
- provides stimulating conditions for authors in the fields of literature and the humanities by awarding grants and by other means,
- implements the public lending right,
- encourages and carries out the promotion of Slovenian books and authors,
- promotes and carries out various forms of international cooperation in the field of books, primarily translations of works by Slovenian authors and national presentations of Slovenian literature and the humanities at the international level,
- provides conditions for the development of reading culture,
- promotes the development of the bookshop network in Slovenia and provides conditions for an increased accessibility of books,
- cooperates with other comparable international institutions in the field of books,
- monitors the implementation of co-financed programmes and projects,
- cooperates with government bodies in planning strategic directives in the field of books subject to various public policies and concerning books,
- obtains non-budgetary funds and other sources of financing for the implementation of strategic directives in the field of books,
- keeps databases provided by this and other acts,
- cooperates with government bodies and other organisations affecting the position of books, their visibility and development,
- publishes administrative acts and carries out other professional tasks consistent with the with purpose for which it was founded (e.g. promotes and carries out various forms of additional professional training, etc.)
- implements the Single Price for Books Act.
The Act Establishing the Public Agency of the Republic of Slovenia for Book may stipulate that the Agency carries out other tasks in the public interest where these are related to the tasks from the preceding paragraph of this article or where they are a necessary condition for carrying out these tasks.
To carry out the procedures of the public call and public tender in the field of books, the Agency applies mutatis mutandis the provisions of the Act Regulating the Realisation of the Public Interest in the Field of Culture. To carry out the procedures of the public lending right the Agency applies the provisions of the Libraries Act and Statutory regulations adopted on the basis thereof. The decision on co-financing projects and programmes is taken by the director of the Agency on the proposal of expert committees referred to in Article 8 of this Act. An appeal is allowed against a decision of the director. The responsible ministry decides on an appeal.
The Slovenian Book Agency may regulate in detail the methods of work concerning to the selection procedure for programmes and projects in the field of books, conclusion of contracts and monitoring of the implementation of contracts and the work of expert committees referred to in Article 8 of the Act Establishing the Public Agency of the Republic of Slovenia for Book, upon prior agreement with the minister responsible for culture.
3. Access to other public information
Online access: the Slovenian Book Agency website, http://www.jakrs.si/en/.
This website is WCAG compliant in accordance with the Directive of the European Parliament and of the Council on the accessibility of public sector bodies' websites.
Physical access: at the main office of the Slovenian Book Agency:Metelkova 2b, 1000 Ljubljana, Sloveniaduring business hours. Upon prior agreement wheelchair users are also facilitated access to the documentation.
Information is communicated in accordance with Article 21 of the Decree on communication and re-use of information of public character.